CANUS has been providing plastics consultation, prototyping, fabrications and manufacturing services to all levels of government since it opened in Ottawa Ontario in 1997. Details around our support of many functions and branches of government can be found under Research, Transportation, Healthcare, Food & Agriculture and Facilities. In addition we also provide these same services to municipalities across Canada, including our hometown of Ottawa-Gatineau.
Ottawa-Gatineau, being located where the Rideau and Ottawa Rivers meet, is well known as a leader for research and infrastructure investment in storm water and drainage management. In fact one of our product lines, Stormwater Tech Stormwater Management Products, was born out of our past work for the City of Ottawa. As Combined Sewage Overflow (CSO) becomes a more prominent issue in North America these solutions are being applied in Ontario, Quebec and across Canada and the United States (USA).
Municipal projects for CANUS are often related to infrastructure such as storm and waste water management, transportation linkages and stations, and utilities. City services such as schools, pools, arenas, rinks and other city buildings are also regular clients for plastics distribution and fabrication services.
The products and services provided by CANUS to Municipalities include:
- Utility Monitoring Equipment Enclosures
- School-related items such as Corner Guards, Cabinets and Barriers
- PVC and CPVC Pipe, Fittings and Valves for Pools and City buildings
- Ice Rink supplies such as Puck Board, Zamboni parts and Shields
- Ductwork and Ventilation systems
- Components for Waste Water Plants
- Polyethylene Storage Tanks for Water, Gas and Chemicals
- Equipment Enclosures and Housings
- Components for Disposal and Recycling Facilities
- Welding Services
- Lighting Fixtures and Lenses
- Filtration, HVAC and Refrigeration Components and Systems
- Rails and Barriers for Stairs and Platforms
- Escalator Guards and Barriers