Research environments are often similar to those of healthcare facilities in the sense that cleanliness and sanitization against biotic elements are paramount to successful experiments and research. In addition, there are often special countermeasures required against corrosion, chemicals, pollution, light, radiation, vibration, static electricity and other phenomena. All this combines to not only create the widespread use of plastics in the research industry but also the greatest diversity of plastics applications.
CANUS will help you select materials whether it’s for research equipment and laboratories or for the research projects and experiments themselves. We have access to expertise in plastics materials both in-house and from our strategic partnerships in Canada and the United States. Similarly, our supplier base for both special materials and uncommon manufacturing processes, as often required by research institutions, has been developed over two decades so that only secure trusting partnerships are maintained.
CANUS is located in Ottawa-Gatineau, Canada’s capital region, where many of Canada’s federal research institutions and national headquarters are located. With many of these as our current and long term customers, we are very accustomed to the niche materials and processes required as well as the heightened security levels that comes with type of work.
Plastic products that we manufacture for and distribute to research institutions include:
- Research Lab Work Benches and Test Apparatuses
- Clean Room Equipment, Ductwork and Ventilation Systems
- Chemical and Gas Storage Tanks
- Smooth PVC and CPVC Pipe, Fittings and Valves
- Equipment Enclosures and Housings
- Carts, Trays, Cabinets and Storage Shelves
- Fume Hoods, Cabinets, Trays, Barriers and Test Boxes
- Cleaning, Disposal and Decontamination Facilities
- Special and Secret Applications